Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Activated Bamboo Charcoal Facial Soap



I've been wanting to soap with activated bamboo charcoal for awhile.  I have heard so many good things about it.  Bamboo charcoal has been used for centuries in Asia for skin care, medicine and other purposes, especially in Japan, Korea and China.  

Activated bamboo charcoal helps keep skin clear by absorbing oil and getting rid of dirt deep in the pores, removes impurities, detoxes skin, reduce/eliminate acne and whitening your complexion naturally.  Back in the old days in Laos, they used bamboo charcoal to whitening their teeth.  I might give it try, way cheaper than going to the dental clinic :))  

So here's how I made my bamboo charcoal soap with goats milk.

My goats milk lye solution in ice bath to keep it cool.

Oils melted, being that this a facial soap, all of the oils I used are non-comedogenic, that means it won't clog pores.

Adding charcoal and essential oils (tea tree and lavender), one of the best essential oils for clearing acne.

Adding goats milk/lye solution to oils * Sorry it's kind of blurry I took picture with one hand and pour with the other hand.  My multi-tasks skill :}

Stickblend>>>>>> reached trace, ready to be poured.

I used a lot of soft oils, so I have to wait for two days to unmold it.

Here it is, looks like a big block of black chalk :}}  Turn out pretty good.....

I forgot to mention I also made a round facial soap. This one I made with FRESH avocado and FRENCH clay.  I didn't have time to take pictures for this one. I was having a little drama with using a mailing tube.  It was my first time so needless to say, I was struggling quite a bit.

I love the rustic looks of my bamboo charcoal soaps.

Avocado French Clay Soap

Overall, I'm pretty Happy with my soaps. It turns out great:))  Happy Soaping!















2 comments:

  1. Wow the charcoal soap huh, gotta let me try!!! Good job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. San po dto s makati makakabili nyan?tnx

    ReplyDelete